Message from Kate Clanchy about AGM proxy votes
Things are clearly changing fast at the Poetry Society. Not only have they published an agenda for the AGM, but they’ve devised a safe, secret voting system. Excitingly, it can all be electronic! You can complete your form right now, in privacy, from your computer chair!
The proxy can work in two ways:
If you know which candidates you want to vote for, but can’t get to the meeting, then:
1) Find a proxy holder. There are some on our website. You don’t need to exchange any information other than the holder’s promise to attend the meeting.
2) Fill in the proxy form and send it in. Email is fine! (The address is at the top of the form.)
3) When the proxy-holder attends the meeting and signs in, your vote will be validated. He/she doesn’t need to know who you voted for, nor does anyone else.
It is as simple as that. No embarrassing horse-trading, no anxious confessions – just a few clicks of the mouse.
If you can’t get to the meeting, are not sure which candidates you want to vote for, and would like to have a discussion and make a small group decision, then :
1) Find a proxy-holder and have that discussion.
2) Fill in the form but leave the trustee list blank
3) Your holder will then attend the meeting carrying your vote as well as his own.
And that’s it. I think that’s brilliant. Congratulations to PoSoc for embracing the modern age.
There is now no excuse not to vote! If you cared enough to sign the requisition or petition, please care enough to do this.